Advertisement

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

R.I.P. Don Driver

I was saddened to learn today that Don Driver passed away at the age of 72 on February 19, 2017. Most people won't know who Don is. Don was a magician, escape artist, sideshow performer, and pitchman. But to me he was a teacher.

Don Driver is absolutely hands down, the worlds best pitchman. Not Billy Mays or any one of the myriad host of pitchmen you might see selling products on late-night infomercials, no it was Don Driver. Some people say Don was a-hole, and maybe he was but let me tell you this: that so-called a-hole gave me his phone number and told me to call him and spent the next couple of hours teaching me how to pitch products, which ones work best and which ones don't, merely because I made a stupid online post to an online board he just happened to be on. He was to the point and didn't mince his words, which to some may mean a-hole, but to me he was a prince of a man.

R.I.P. Don Driver, 07/25/1945 - 02/19/2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on this adventure.



Facebook Comments