Advertisement

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Welcome

Welcome to Bill's Sea-Monkeys® Adventures, a journal of my latest Sea-Monkeys® experiments. You might wonder how and why all this got started... Years ago, on a lark, I purchased a Sea-Monkey kit for my daughter. We had so much fun with them that I decided to compile as much information on them as I could and put it all in one convenient place for her. It started out with just one page and a journal of our adventures with Sea-Monkeys. As an amateur web designer, I eventually decided to apply my skills to creating an actual website.

Also being a fan of old comic books and the wonderfully humorous and quite misleading comic ads for Sea-Monkeys in them, I gave the comic ads in all their misleading and overstated glory, a major role on the site. After a few months the site became static and only exists now as an archive of what once was.

Recently I bought a new Ocean Zoo from Wal-Mart, and decided to start a colony of Sea-Monkeys at work. This led to me beginning a few more experiments at home. At first I was chronicling my progress on facebook, to the amusement of my friends and family who had no idea what Sea-Monkeys® are and I suspect don't care. As the posts about my experiments began taking over my facebook wall, I decided it would be better to blog about them instead. Please come in and enjoy the Sea-Monkeys with me. Laugh at their antics, cry when they die and maybe, just maybe you might decide to start a colony of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on this adventure.



Facebook Comments