Advertisement

Monday, December 5, 2016

Making a better blog...

As you can see if you look at the time stamps on my recent posts I stayed up all night Saturday night working on this blog. I wasn't just putting up posts either, I was coding! And as we all know the best coding happens in the middle of the night.

So what do I have to show for all this craziness? Well I improved my top widget in the side bar with my own code which works like I want instead of Blogger's stinking code which did not. The search bar, social links and subscription links are all in one place like they should be!

I went against  popular modern blogging thoughts, and populated my side bar with lots of junk! you can see the page's Facebook and Twitter feeds as well as the latest pins to Pinterest!

I created a contact page. I had one over at the old site and I just improved on the code that was there... I also had to update the javascript file so it would work properly.

I also created a nice archive page for the blog. Special thinks to for posting the instructions. To create your own archive just go to http://www.sarwrites.com/2015/09/create-archive-listpage-for-blogger.html .

I increased the size of the post font to 16px and I changed the post title font to Georgia 24 px. This will make the whole blog much easier to read with less strain on the eyes.

I wish I had a bit more patience about those old posts over in Blog.com. I keep checking to see if the site is back up and of course it never is, but one day I am going to snag that export file!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on this adventure.



Facebook Comments